Thursday, October 6, 2011

Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure

I had wanted to post this on Sunday but unfortunately I didn't have my project finished in time to do post it. I'm posting it now after the event with a couple of pictures taken by my niece Natasha.

My sister Donna is a 3 times breast cancer survivor & more recently is recovering from Heart Valve Replacement Surgery. This year she decided to do the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure on Sunday along with her family. Her husband Rick who has been so amazing in supporting her with all of her cancer surgeries as well as her recent valve replacement surgery also walked along side her. Both of her girls Natasha & Chantale, their spouses & children along with Natasha’s in-law’s did the walk too.
(This first photo shows my sister along with her 7 grandchildren - you can barely see Andrew. I blocked out the face of one child as he isn't one of her grandchildren.)
(The second photo is of my sister Donna along with her beautiful daughters Chantale & Natasha. Both photo's were taken by Natasha.)

It was a cold & miserable day for walking but they completed the 5 km run. I’m so proud of her & her family for all the support they’ve given her. Natasha’s nephew made up their team name “The Heroic Hooters”. Regardless of the weather, they had a fun day & raised money for a great cause.

I recently made this fun Pink Paper Shoe that I thought was perfect for this event.

Enjoy your day & thanks for stopping by.

No comments: