Monday, October 3, 2011

World Card Making Day

I’ve never participated in any of the World Card Making Day challenges before. This year when I saw Tami’s Progressive Challenge posted on the Fiskateer Message Board, I decided to play along.

I promised my sister that I would make her a dozen Thank You cards that she can send out to those who were so helpful during her recouperation from her heart surgery. This challenge is perfect for helping me get started on making these cards for her.

I also plan on making my Mother who’s turning 87 this year a card box for Christmas. In this box I’ll put some birthday cards for both adults & children (there are a lot of grandchildren & great grandchildren that she sends cards too), sympathy cards, thinking of you, Valentine, Easter, etc. I plan on giving her a good assortment as she is always sending out cards. So some of the cards will be for her card box.

Tags aren’t really my thing but this one was fun. It doesn’t count as one of my WCMD challenge cards though. Here's the tag I made using mostly SU products.
The 1st card I made yesterday for Tami's World Card Making Challenge. I used the Fiskars Butterfly stamp set that I won in the Liftoff Crop. I also used the med Round n' Round to make the flowers & added Stickles to them and the butterfly. The butterfly border was done with a SU wheel. I’ll add a Thank You tag to this card.
This is my 2nd card for Tami's WCMD Challenge. The elephant is a free digital stamp that I found online some time ago. I can't remember who's it is though. The flowers were handmade using the Fiskars med round n' round squeeze punch. I'm addicted to making these flowers. They are so easy to make. Plus they are a great way to use up scraps.
This is my 3rd card for Tami's WCMD Progressive Challenge. I used the Stampin Up Snowman stamps, added stickles to them, used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots & Snowflake Embossing Folders.
This next one is my 4th and final card that I made for Tami's WCMD Progressive Challenge. I used my circle punch to make the little roses. The Magnolia image is holding a rose which I originally colored with my Copic Markers. After making these roses I decided to add one of them over top of the colored rose. I also added some half pearls and a tiny tag that says Thanks (so much). This will be perfect for the cards I'm making for my sister. (2 done 10 to go lol)
It doesn't look to promising for us today. It's supposed to be cold & rainy. It did rain some during the night so hopefully that's our rainfall for today. At least they are saying the rest of the week will be nice. Well enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Marianne B in AZ said...

Diane,

Your cards are all so beautiful! I know you mom must enjoy giving your cards to her friends and family because they are so special!